Monday, February 20, 2012

Page Not Found, Sort Of

System: Win2k3, SQL2k5, Sharepoint (all on same box)
Note: default website port is 8000 (I mentioned this because it's non
standard)
I had this system all setup and running properly then all of the sudden
some brilliant support person at our data center decided to change the
I.P. of the server. This wreaked havoc on most of the code on that box
as I had to change all of the config files, DNS, and HTTP headers.
I finally got most of the pieces running again, but I have a couple an
issue. Currently there are two instances of SSRS running on the box. I
have the "old" one's service stopped, so it is not running, but when
browsing to http://localhost:8000/reports it is still trying to go to
the stopped instance. How can I change that? I've tried the rsconfig
utility, but I may not have the correct parameters.
thanks,
.britOh, one more thing. The "Page Not Found" error mentioned in the subject
refers to a very strange problem that I feel is resulting from having
two instances of SSRS running.
I have a domain name pointing to the default IP for the box. If I use
[domain url]/reports everything works great in Report Manager until I
actually go to view a report and then I get a Page Not Found error
within Report Manager. The error does not take over the entire screen,
just the portion in Rpt Mgr that would show the report.
If I go straight to the report using [domain url]/reportserver/[path of
report] they work great.
What gives?
thanks,
.brit

No comments:

Post a Comment