Monday, February 20, 2012

Page orientation for physical pages

Hello,
I need to design a single report (PDF) which must have both landscape and portrait orientation.

For what I know the page size is defined and static for all pages of the same report (RDL). Is there any workaround (I'm using Sql2005) ?

Thanks,
Pierre

You are right the page size defined in the rdl can't be expression and apply to all pages. One possible workaround is to use deviceinfo to specify page size and the page range. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms154682(SQL.90).aspx. For example, you can specify one page size to get page 1-3 of the report, and a different size to get a different set of pages.

|||

Hello Fang,
thanks for the reply. For what I know I can define one deviceinfo setting per report. How can I define the device info setting the page 1 with a different PageHeight and PageWidth than the page 2 and 3 on the same deviceinfo ?

Thanks,
Pierre

|||Since you can use device info settings (StartPage and EndPage) to retrieve a range of pages, you can get page 1 with certain page size, then page 2 and 3 with a different page size.

No comments:

Post a Comment