Monday, March 26, 2012

parameter is missing a value

I have a SQL Report in SQL 2005 that has 2 datasets. The second
dataset queries a value that is passed as a parameter to the first
dataset. It works well as the main report but when I use it as a
linked report and put a default on parameter field and hide the
prompt, it gives me "xxx parameter is missing a value". It seems that
it's not reading the parameter at all.
Now if I have the second dataset as Non-queried and embed the value
and label fields on the report itself, it works well even as a linked
report. However, I dont want to do this because these values and
labels change. I cannot embed it on each report (around 50 of them)
and change each report one by one if there is a change.
I appreciate your help in advance.
Ben
%$^*&I finally got the report to work. The first dataset didn't recognize
the 3-character default value because it expected a 10 character
string (as declared in the second dataset). I just added seven
trailing spaces without quotes and it worked fine.
Ben
On Nov 15, 11:57 am, benito <lochinvar...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a SQL Report in SQL 2005 that has 2 datasets. Theseconddatasetqueriesavaluethat is passed as a parameter to the firstdataset. It works well as the main report but when I use it as a
> linked report and put a default on parameter field and hide the
> prompt, it gives me "xxx parameter is missing avalue". It seems that
> it's not reading the parameter at all.
> Now if I have theseconddatasetas Non-queried and embed thevalue
> and label fields on the report itself, it works well even as a linked
> report. However, I dont want to do this because these values and
> labels change. I cannot embed it on each report (around 50 of them)
> and change each report one by one if there is a change.
> I appreciate your help in advance.
> Ben
> %$^*&

No comments:

Post a Comment