Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Parameter not refreshing default data selection

Here is the senerio:

Parameter 1: Company - multi-value

Parameter 2: Employee - multi-value

Available values: Query - Dataset: EmpList

Default values: Query - Dataset: EmpList

Parameter 2 is dependant on Parameter 1.

When a Company is selected, it does update the list of employees in parameter 2. But what it isn't doing is updating my default values.

I select Company A. It populates the Employee list with all of Company A's employees and marks them all as selected (check in the checkbox) and the "Select All" checkbox is also checked.

I then decide I want to include Company B. It populates the Employee list with all of Company B's employees but it does NOT select the employee's from Company B. It is like it ignored the default values query.

I would also think that if "Select All" is checked all new values coming in would be checked.

Is there a way around this problem?

I need to know if this is a bug or if there is something I can do to fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment