Friday, March 30, 2012

Parameter passing to a DTS package

Hi,
I have a DTS package that exports a query result from SQLServer to a text
file . I sheculed it daily.
What I want to do is give the text file name as paramaetric, I mean,
e.g. salesresultddmmhhss.txt ddmmhhss : run time day month hour and second
Is it possible?Hi
The DTSRun utility has a /A parameter that allows you to set the values of a
global variable. This can then be used to set the filename. If the name is
consistent you should be able to do this in code without passing a value.
You may also want to check out http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?292 for
renaming a file and http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?234
John
"Banu_tr" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a DTS package that exports a query result from SQLServer to a text
> file . I sheculed it daily.
> What I want to do is give the text file name as paramaetric, I mean,
> e.g. salesresultddmmhhss.txt ddmmhhss : run time day month hour and secon
d
> Is it possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment