Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Parameter not working

I am pretty new to reporting services and hope some of you experts can help.

I created a report from AS cube that has a column "Description" with 30 distinct values. The report has a multi-value parameter "Description" with the following details:

Data Type : String
Value Field: Description
Label Field : Description

The filter that i have on the table is =(Fields!Description.Value) = Cstr(Parameters!Description.Value(0))

When i preview the report i only see the top 1 item from the values that i select from the parameter list.

What am i doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rookie,

Try

=(Fields!Description.Value) in Join(Parameters!Description.Value,", ")

because you have a multi field value this would be a better approach.

Ham

|||

Thanks for replying.

I just tried that. Now when i select more than one item in the parameter list, nothing displays. It works only if i select one value from the parameter list.

Any ideas?

|||

Rookie,

I was able to return results with setting my filters to

Expression =Cstr(Fields!Income1.Value)

Operator = In

Value = Join(Parameters!Report_Parameter_0.Value,"', '")

My parameter values were 1,2, 3, 4,

my Income was 1

when I selected 1 parameter, I recieve the expected results.

Ham

|||

Yeah it works for me only when i select one value, if i select two values in the parameter, nothing displays.

Have no clue whats happening.

|||

Rookie,

I played around with this for a bit, I was able to return multiple value with this expression in my filter.

Split(Join(Parameters!Inc.Value,","),",")

Ham

|||

Rookie,

Try this is in your filter expression Split(Join(Parameters!Inc.Value,","),",")

Ham

|||

Thanks a lot hammer2. This made it work.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment