Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Parameter menu hidden

Hi,
When I navigate to a report, the parameter menu is hidden. I have to
click on the arrows in the menu to unhide them. This only happens on
deployed reports viewing through IE. The navigate action is set to use:
"Jump to report". I could use "Jump to URL" but don't want to hardcode
the full URL.
The VS dev environment shows the parameter menu like it should in the
preview pane.
Anyone know how what to change so the parameter list is not hidden in
IE.
Asim.Anyone? I'm thinkings its a configuration change somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated.
Asim.
Asim wrote:
> Hi,
> When I navigate to a report, the parameter menu is hidden. I have to
> click on the arrows in the menu to unhide them. This only happens on
> deployed reports viewing through IE. The navigate action is set to use:
> "Jump to report". I could use "Jump to URL" but don't want to hardcode
> the full URL.
> The VS dev environment shows the parameter menu like it should in the
> preview pane.
> Anyone know how what to change so the parameter list is not hidden in
> IE.
> Asim.|||Thanks for replying. None of them have "Hide" checked. Also if I go to
the report directly in IE, the parameter menu is NOT hidden. This only
happens when I use the Navigate function in a text box to go to another
report, that the whole parameter menu is hidden.
Asim.
On Jan 24, 5:41 am, Amarnath <Amarn...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Just go from Report Manager to that particular report and select properties
> from the tab. select parameters and check whether the "Hide" check box is
> checked, click accordingly and save and then check.
> Amarnath
>
> "Asim" wrote:
> > Anyone? I'm thinkings its a configuration change somewhere.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Asim.
> > Asim wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > When I navigate to a report, the parameter menu is hidden. I have to
> > > click on the arrows in the menu to unhide them. This only happens on
> > > deployed reports viewing through IE. The navigate action is set to use:
> > > "Jump to report". I could use "Jump to URL" but don't want to hardcode
> > > the full URL.
> > > The VS dev environment shows the parameter menu like it should in the
> > > preview pane.
> > > Anyone know how what to change so the parameter list is not hidden in
> > > IE.
> > > Asim.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -|||I think this behaviour is by design. I thought you are just accesing a
report. Ok so you want a drilldown report. infact the purpose of drilldown is
to go to other report directly without entering anything, that's why the
parameter is not visible.
Amarnath
"Asim" wrote:
> Thanks for replying. None of them have "Hide" checked. Also if I go to
> the report directly in IE, the parameter menu is NOT hidden. This only
> happens when I use the Navigate function in a text box to go to another
> report, that the whole parameter menu is hidden.
> Asim.
>
> On Jan 24, 5:41 am, Amarnath <Amarn...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Just go from Report Manager to that particular report and select properties
> > from the tab. select parameters and check whether the "Hide" check box is
> > checked, click accordingly and save and then check.
> >
> > Amarnath
> >
> >
> >
> > "Asim" wrote:
> > > Anyone? I'm thinkings its a configuration change somewhere.
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > > Asim.
> >
> > > Asim wrote:
> > > > Hi,
> >
> > > > When I navigate to a report, the parameter menu is hidden. I have to
> > > > click on the arrows in the menu to unhide them. This only happens on
> > > > deployed reports viewing through IE. The navigate action is set to use:
> > > > "Jump to report". I could use "Jump to URL" but don't want to hardcode
> > > > the full URL.
> >
> > > > The VS dev environment shows the parameter menu like it should in the
> > > > preview pane.
> > > > Anyone know how what to change so the parameter list is not hidden in
> > > > IE.
> >
> > > > Asim.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
>

No comments:

Post a Comment