Friday, March 30, 2012

Parameter problem

HI, I have a report that users select a parameter value from a dropdownbox.

I want to be able to limit the number of parameter options depending on who is logged in.

user A can only see values 'ABC', 'DSC', 'BHT''

whereas user B can see values 'MKP','NHJ','BLP'

is this possible? if so how?

TIA

Reporting services provides the "User!UserID" global parameter in all its reports. This populates with the windows user name if I'm not mistaken. You could pass this value as a parameter to the dataset that you're using to populate the dropdown box.|||If the datasource is driven by a view or a stored procedure or a query you can implement row-level security using a mapping table which locks ( locks up down the appropiate values which should not be seen by some people. If you have a static list, this would be too hard to implement / impossible (Nothing is impossible, impossible just takes longer :-) )

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||

I was hoping to be able to use custom code to populate the parameter dropdownlist/ set the parameter values.

Is this possible? can I reference datasets in my code?

|||

I created a view then set a filter on the dataset to return values based on the User!UserID=UserName field from dataset

then set the parameter to 'From Query' chose the dataset and appropriate field from dataset and everything aok.

|||Welcome to rowlevel security :-)|||

I am trying to do the something similar. In my report i created a stored procedure that stored procedure is passed a parameter CaseNumber. (I am using the Report Veiwer Control in Remote Mode). In Report Designer, I created to datasets the first dataset populates the dropdown list box and it is displayed in the toolbar. The Second dataset takes this parameter (CaseNumber) and brings back the report. Everything works fine in the Report Manager; however, when I run it from frmReport.aspx page the report does not show.

If I run the report without any parameters from the frmReport.aspx page (still using the stored procedure w/o using parameters) the report shows. Can any body help me with this.

Zachary

|||

Fixed the problem - thanks

Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment