Friday, March 30, 2012

Parameter prompt based on expression

Hi,

Is it possible to construct the prompt (i.e. the text that is displayed next to the parameter text box when the report runs) for a parameter from an expression

Actually i have written some custom code and i want my parameter prompts to be populated based on the returned values from that custom code. I don't want these do be fixed texts.

Thanks,

Simranjeev

Can you use SWITCH option?

Igor.

|||

But the Switch option is also used inside an expression, and i don't know how to create the parameter labels from expressions.

On my report, I have a parameter called "StartDate". I've given it the label "Start Date:". Now i want that when the locale of the user is English, this label should be displayed as "Start Date:" and when the locale of the user changes to some other language, lets say German, then the label should be displayed as the translated value for "Start Date:" in German.

I've already done this for the textboxes on my reports, by calling custom code which reads from resource files depending on user locale. I wanted to know if this is possible for parameter labels as well, as i couldn't find any option to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment