Friday, March 30, 2012

Parameter Queries

I am migrating a database from Access to SQL Server 2000. In Access, I had
several Parameter Queries set up so that users could specify a parameter
based on their need. I combed through Books on Line and figured out how to
do it in Query Designer. Is there a way to save this query with the set up
parameters into a view so that I can have other users re-use it?
thank youSee "Inline User-Defined Functions" in BOL.
AMB
"gmead7" wrote:
> I am migrating a database from Access to SQL Server 2000. In Access, I had
> several Parameter Queries set up so that users could specify a parameter
> based on their need. I combed through Books on Line and figured out how to
> do it in Query Designer. Is there a way to save this query with the set up
> parameters into a view so that I can have other users re-use it?
> thank you|||A view acts like a table in SQL Server. E.G. "Select * from Table_View"
works if "Table_View" is a table or a view. There are no "parameters" that
you can specify for a view. If you want to have a query change based on
user input, I'd have to point you to stored procedures.
Scott
"gmead7" <gmead7@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E6793343-5F16-4194-89D3-3A78F346971C@.microsoft.com...
>I am migrating a database from Access to SQL Server 2000. In Access, I had
> several Parameter Queries set up so that users could specify a parameter
> based on their need. I combed through Books on Line and figured out how
> to
> do it in Query Designer. Is there a way to save this query with the set
> up
> parameters into a view so that I can have other users re-use it?
> thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment