Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Parameter missing value after deployment

Hi Friends,

I'm using MSRS 2005. I have created a drillthrough report using parameter. If I try to execute locally it works fine. I am able to call sub report from the master report by passing parameter. But, If I rey to access the report after deploying on to reporting server, I am getting error patameter xxxx is missing a value. What could be wrong? Please help

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen J V

This may be something to do with deployment. I've sometimes found that after deploying my report parameters don't behave as expected. The solution in the past has either to try to re-deploy (sometimes several times) or delete the reports from the report server and deploy again. A warning would be that the second approach the reportID's (GUIDs) wi8ll be re-created so usage stats will get screwed up.

To test whether it's a deployment issue, I suggest deploying to a different target directory to see if the reports work from there.

|||

Hi Adams

Thanks for the quick turnaround. I have tried deploying it into different servers many times. Everywhere, it throws the same error.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen J V

No comments:

Post a Comment