Wednesday, March 28, 2012

parameter is missing a value.

Hi Friends,

I have created a child report with hidden parameter. When I call this report from the Master report using a link, I am getting error 'the xxxx parameter is missing a value'.

From, master report, if I click a value, it should take that value to child report where it filters for that value and should display the child report.

How to overcome this?

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen J V

Have you set any default value for the parameter in your subreport?

|||

Hi,

No default value has been set.

Regards,

Naveen J V

|||Ok, then try giving a default value for your hidden parameter. Give the same expression that you have used in the value field for the parameter. This might work. Not sure.|||

Hi,

I already tried this option, but I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

|||

All the parameters created in sub-report should get some value, so if you have more than one parameter in the sub-report and from the master report you are passing value of only one parameter then obviously the value of other parameters will be missing. I suggest you to set the default value for the parameters in the sub report, so that the report get displayed even if you are passing wrong values from the master report.

By the way what is the expression that you are passing? And how many parameters you have?

|||

Hi Rohit,

My sub report has only one parameter. In my master report, If I click a particular column, it should take me to the sub report, where I should be able to see the filtered report based on the passed value.

It is working for one of my report which uses a different cube.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

|||

Can you give the expression that you are passing?

|||

Rohit,

While creating a report, in Query builder I selected a parameter (which referes to a member of a dimension). Same parameter I'm using in my report. I am not using any expressions.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

|||

what is the expression you are writting in the navigation properties for the parameter of your sub report?

|||

Hi,

Jump to Report ->Sub_rpt (sub report name)

Parameter name -> DLVLTM

Parameter value -> =Fields!TM.Uniquename

Regards,

Naveen J V

|||

Actually everything seems to be fine. It may be a data issue though.

anyways again give it a try:

Go to Sub report and in the report parameter window try by making available values non-queried.

|||

Hi Rohit,

If I dont hide the parameter, the report works fine. If I hide, only then I get this error. In the present context, it should be hidden. Based on the selection made from the master report, it should disply the child report.

I dont understand wht could be the problem?

Regards,

Naveen

|||

Hi Rohit,

I'm getting the same error. Please refer to my rprevious mail.

Regards,

Naveen J V

No comments:

Post a Comment