Friday, March 30, 2012

Parameter Prompts

I don't see a way to attach an expression to a parameter prompt. I have a
custom report extension I have written that works great. I make a call to it
and it retrieves label values to report items. I would like to use that to
retrieve the prompt value for my parameters. Basically everything on the
reports are dynamic including labels because its a hosted application that
has mutliple clients and each can customise their view of the world. Is this
possible? If not is my only alternative to create by own pages to get the
parameters and pass them into the report thru URL or web service?Expressions are not supported for parameter prompt yet.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Alex Telford" <atelford6@.nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OKqtoLcfEHA.708@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I don't see a way to attach an expression to a parameter prompt. I have a
> custom report extension I have written that works great. I make a call to
> it
> and it retrieves label values to report items. I would like to use that to
> retrieve the prompt value for my parameters. Basically everything on the
> reports are dynamic including labels because its a hosted application that
> has mutliple clients and each can customise their view of the world. Is
> this
> possible? If not is my only alternative to create by own pages to get the
> parameters and pass them into the report thru URL or web service?
>|||Alex,
I have a urgent project requirement to code for rdl reports to create
the content of the report dynamically. I just noticed at the forum
that you did the same. Can you please help with ideas/code.
basically I wish to send commandtext (of a dataset) to the rdl report
at runtime.
thanks,
anand sagar
"Alex Telford" <atelford6@.nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OKqtoLcfEHA.708@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> I don't see a way to attach an expression to a parameter prompt. I have a
> custom report extension I have written that works great. I make a call to it
********

No comments:

Post a Comment