Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Parameter isn't refreshing

Hi.
I have a datasource that depend on parameter A.
Parameter A get his values from query and have a defualt value.
Parameter B get his default value from query that depend on parameter A.

Now, whan I run the report, parameter A get a value and then parameter B get his value and the
datasource run OK.

But the problem is that when I'm changing the A value (from the value list) - The datasource run fine but Parameter B stay with the old value with out any change.

Does any one know how to solve it.
I'll be happy to give more explanation if it isn't clear enough.

Thanks.

I think we need more clarification.

How do the parameters get passed to the report? I don't understand why you seem to think that Parameter B should be updated when you change Parameter A.

Parameter B may seem to depend on Parameter A logically speaking, but as far as I know you can't set up parameters to be dependent on one another.

|||

Actually,

Parameter can be dependent on another, they are considered cascading parameters.

On your problem Roy, I was thinking that your report maybe caching and not refreshing for that reason. You can start a profiler on your SQL instance and you should see Parameter B SQL fire after selecting Parameter "A" to verify the cascading is actually working.

I hope this helps.

Ham

|||I stand corrected. Thanks Ham.|||Hi, thanks for your reply.

I found a sulotion in another forum.
I just needed to set the parameter as "Internal" and then he is refreshing according to the first parameter.

Thanks to both of you for answring.

Roy.

No comments:

Post a Comment